9.30.2009

Halo ODST - Mission Accomplished

Well, on September 28th I defeated Halo 3 ODST. I will not place any spoilers in here so fear not. I will go on to say I felt the game was shorter than the others available in the series. I don't mean that in a bad way, I still enjoyed the game greatly despite the length of play. I managed to find 21 out of 30 audiofiles. I didn't really pick up on looking for them right away. I could have gone back to locate the rest but I really wanted to see the way the story continued and ended.

I will say that there was not much to the game when you were playing the Rookie walking from point A to point B. The city kept you limited to certain areas, and you pretty much encountered patrols of grunts, jackals and brutes. Occasionally you would run into a new alien race, non violent towards you, and Hunters. The hunters could be a real pain. Once I managed to find a ghost any patrol or encounter with the Rookie turned into easy mode.(on Normal Difficulty). I plan to try Legendary next.

The backstory of the rest of the squad was fun to play. It was a different way of looking at the game.

I have not tried Firefight yet, nor the multiplayer side of the game. I'll post a separate post mentioning stuff that includes spoilers.

No comments: