9.29.2009

What the Hufflepuff?!


Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot, and treat them just the same."

Well if that isn't a kick in the teeth. My friend and I were scheming about Harry Potter spells, houses and the like, when I had the idea to write myself, her and a few others we know into the Harry Potter setting, for fun of course. The News has shows Rowling becoming so obsessive about anyone writing about ole HP she'll sue you faster than you can blink! Oh well, no sense rattling on about that.

So, I am looking at four characters: Myself, Tal, Ace and Rysm. I decided I needed to officially try to sort myself to see where I'd belong. My friend was screaming Gyffindor, I was saying possibly Raveclaw (creativity) and I was gagging at the thought of Hufflepuff, and did not see Slytherin as too far fetched. So it was off to the internet to uncover a few quizzes.

I managed to find two sites that I seemed to respect the questions and results. One was short with 12 questions, the other was rather unweildy at 100+ questions (very thorough). So what did I get? You can make a good educated guess if you recall the beginning of this blog entry; thats right, Hufflepuff.

Now, at first I was disappointed, I kinda wrote Hufflepuff off as the runts, the average joes, the meek and weak of spirit. I mean you have the hard charging houses, Gryffindor - brave, courageous, jocks, we had this house shoved down our throats through every book. It was the base of the story, good versus evil. So basically you weren't anyone unless you were here. Slytherin, well not much to say here. Scheming, dark, cruelly intelligent, pure blooded, family line is everything. Then Ravenclaw, who didn't get much game time either. These are the intellectuals, the brains, the pens the brushes, maybe even diviners of truth and the cosmos. Lastly Hufflepuff, and as I felt from the books, "the pile of everyone else".

Now to be fair, those are just labels. I am sure if there was an actual sorting hat, there would be plenty of wiggle room, its magic after all. Since we live in a reality without a sorting hat, I guess my creativity and the general base of the quizzes will have to do.

Thats all for now, if I manage anything soon I'll post it up.


No comments: