9.18.2009

Halo ODST - 3 days 21.5 hrs and counting!


HALO ODST will be released this Tuesday, September 22nd, at Midnight. Since the release of Halo 3 back in Fall of 2007, I did get a great sense of anticipation from new game releases. That does not mean there are not any games that have been released since then that I do not like. Since Halo 3 was released, I came to love Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Call of Duty 4 and Gears of War 2, to name a few. Maybe it was a time in my life that I was in a video game rut. I recalled, over the previous last two years, that much of my time was devoted to increasing my physical activity, college work and other types of gaming. Perhaps because of these distractions I wouldn't allow myself to get captured in the wonder of these releases. Maybe there just was not a game that grabbed my attention before hitting the shelf. Well now that has all changed.
Halo Wars failed to catch my eye, I just was not interested in a Real Time Strategy version of Halo. Maybe I was not interested because it was too soon after I felt the Halo genre ended. I should be wise enough to realize, Halo would never go away provided it would generate countless millions in revenue for Bungie. Now Halo ODST is hitting the market and I am the most excited about a game than I have felt since Halo 3.
I think a few things are catching my eye about ODST, besides it being a Halo FPS, that sold it to me. Firstly, I get that Master Chief is pretty much super human. He makes his way through the entire Halo series and helps save Earth, humans and Covenant alike. What really lends to my personality is that ODST is the story of actual humans. These humans are of course the elite, hardened, tough as nails men AND women of the human forces. I think it is great that the regular forces fighting alongside the Chief are included.
Second, the ODST helmet was my helmet of choice in multiplayer and I loved the idea of ODST since Halo introduced them! Now it appears my love of ODST is rewarded and we are going to get to see the battle from the point of view of these Shock Troopers!
Third, the game will include cut scenes to other ODST troopers. As you play, you will encounter scenes of destruction or carnage or story where you will go back to that time and play through the other ODST troopers as they fulfill their mission.

I am going to be at my Gamestop at 10pm, Sept 22nd, in the Winchester VA Appleblossom mall for the game release! I also am excited about Modern Warfare 2 coming out just after Halo ODST, Dragon Age - by Bioware makers of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2!!!!, Bioshock 2 due out early 2010 and Mass Effect 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In 2010. These next 6+ months are going to be fantastic! See you on Xbox Live!

No comments: