4.30.2009

Warhammer Wood Elf Additions

Looks like there will be some additions to my Wood Elf army coming next week in celebration of my seventh anniversary. Hopefully I can manage to get 3 more warhawk riders (really dislike the models on the backs, might try to model some Glade Guard on there instead), some dryads, and I will be attempting to model a caster on a horse from some dark elf models, giving my casters a more sinister look to them! I'm not sure how well the mounted spellweaver will work out, maybe it is better to just leave them on foot?

I really dislike how Games Workshop decided to move away from selling Bitz to this awkward set of bitz ordering from the site. It is horrible. Before you could order any piece of any army, make your model with not much hassle and COST to you. Now you need to pay up to buy the entire box set if you want to use some pieces out of them. I modeled a Sister of Battle unit, Saint Celestine with Pegasus wings way back in the day. Now, I would have to buy the entire pegasus knight and just butcher it for the wings! What sense does this make? I can see that Games Workshop might want to save money, or probably they want to increase their revenue more.

GW should not be hurting for business, even with this Recession and talk about it everywhere, they plan to open over 400+ stores in the next few years. I know for a fact they closed down to unsuccessful ones around the Northern VA, MD area. They do put out quite a few new books, design new models, and run a very good gaming system that many people enjoy. I guess if the prices were too demanding, then people would stop buying them. That has not happened yet so I guess the price is still right. I will never be happy with losing the ability to order bitz!

While I'm grumbling, give me an updated Witchhunter Codex and Daemonhunters! And new models! And since you want to not allow us access to precious bitz, make a wood elf mounted caster model!!!

No comments: